Saturday, 21 December 2013

Look: Dark Lips





I keep seeing beautiful ladies (and gentlemen!) with boldly dark painted lips more and more. On the street, on the internet and even in the magazines! I'm happy that dark colours are no longer deemed 'gothy' but are now used by a much larger amount of people from every demographic. Wearing them can get a little tricky though, especially because dark colours tend to drain the colour out of your skin. This is especially true when you're pale to begin with.



My favourite way of wearing dark lips is with quite subtle eyes in the same warm tones but not too much eyeshadow, a winged eyeliner and a subtle colour in the crease at most. I always like it the most when I keep the look clean. To bring life back into my face I use a bit more blusher than I would usually do in a natural colour.





Dark lipstick tends to feather quite a bit, so definitely use a lip liner underneath to prevent that! Luckily dark lipsticks are often very pigmented and can have great staying power because of that pigmentation.


Product list:


Missha Perfect Cover BB-Cream
Kat Von D tattoo liner in 'Maya'
Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara
Stila In The Light (Sandstone)
Essence Matte Me powder
Sleek lipstick in Majestic

4 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful!!! First off I love your hair color!!! I love the whole dark lips thing, honestly I wear it year round. I love the color on your lips right now, I might have to get my hands on it. Another thing I love is your blog and all your makeup looks which is why I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!! You can check out all the info here...http://annabellaella.blogspot.com/2013/12/very-first-liebster-award.html and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    peace, vibe, soul // annabellaella ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rawr! <3 :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks anabelle, I'll make sure to check out your blog too! It looks awesome already :D

    ReplyDelete