Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Look: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


With Christmas right around the corner I wanted to make something a bit more festive, but since I had to go to work that day it still had to be wearable and neat. I decided to go for subtly highlighted skin with muted eyes but with a visible hint of sparkle. I ended up really liking this look!






I had a white-gold glitter laying around which I mixed with a sealing gel to make a long lasting eyeliner out of it. I started making a winged line with the glitter eyeliner first, then going over it with a black eyeliner to create that double lined effect. I kept the eyeshadow quite subtle with a matte cream all over the lid, a white in the inner corners and the browbone, a mauve in the lower lashline and in the crease for a soft cut-crease effect and a mid-brown in the crease and the lower lashline to bring more depth to the whole look.






The rest of the look I kept quite muted, I added more sparkle in the inner corners to further brighten the eyes and I applied a natural looking blush to my cheeks as well as a bit of contour colour on my cheekbones to bring more depth to my face. I kept the lips quite soft with a soft pink matte lipcolour.




Product List


Eyebrows:
Lorac Pro (mauve)
Catrice eyebrow pencil (lightest)

Eyes:
Lorac Pro (Mauve, crease)
Lorac Pro (Sable, lower lashline and crease)
Lorac Pro (Cream, all over lid)
Lorac Pro (White, browbone and inner corners)
Barry M loose pigment (gold iridescent)
Illamasqua sealing gel
Catrice Gel liner (black)
NYX La Frou mascara
Benefit 'They're real!' mascara

Face:
Revlon Photoready primer
Missha Perfect Cover BB-cream (light)
Benefit 'Fake Up' concealer
Essence Matte me finishing powder
NARS Albatross
Lorac Pro (mauve, contour)
MAC Pinch 'o Peach (blush)

Lips:
Essence matte lip cream in 'Soft Rose' 

3 comments:

  1. I love this look. Merry (belated) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een enorm mooie look, ik vind je ogen ook heel mooi :)


    liefs,
    Femke van Unendful.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful makeup.
    following

    for your blog.

    http://perfectliya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete