Sunday, 15 December 2013

Personal update: About finding a job, making changes and watching time disappear

To apologise for the recent radio silence, here's a free drawing! You can use this in any way you like, as long as you tell people I made it.




Usually, I try to at least post three times a week. I don't know if you've noticed, but for the last few weeks my blog has been a bit quiet, sorry about that!

Nothing major has come up, no need to worry. I'm not going to stop blogging, nor do I plan to decrease the amount of posts per week drastically. It's just that I had been looking for a part-time job for quite a while and I've finally found one! I've just started last week and it's been a bit of an adjustment. It's tricky enough to juggle work, school and life together, let alone trying to fit in my precious little blog somewhere as well!

I ask of you to please bear with me until I've figured out how to combine all of this, things might be a bit rocky for a while. There might be one post this week, and five posts the next. I don't want to contain myself or force myself to do a certain amount of things when I just don't have the time and most importantly, this blog is my hobby. My precious sanctuary of frivoulous cosmetics and inane ramblings, so it's important for me that I keep it that way. If I force myself to write a certain amount of posts per week, you're going to see that in the ever decreasing quality of my posts and I don't want that to happen.



Here, take this little mini-me too. Just for good measure!


I'm planning on a few other changes as well, and I thought it would be good to tell you. I've primarily written about beauty on this blog, but I've got other hobbies too! I love playing all kinds of games, finding out about strange things on the internet and being creative. I plan on making a few big changes about the look of Hantastic Beauty. Sure, we've got a spiffy header but that's about all there is. I'd like my blog to reflect my personality a bit better, so I'm going to work on that.

I'm a multifaceted person like everyone else and I want to have a bit more variety in my posts, about things that I think about, things that I like or dislike, little stories and ramblings. I want to show a bit more creativity. I'm not too sure how to go about this, but I guess I'll just write about whatever I fancy and see how it goes from there.

The focus will still be on beauty (it's not called Hantastic Beauty for poops and giggles ya know!) but expect articles with different themes every so often as well! Instead of everything beauty, I slowly want to steer this post into everything Hanny. Hopefully I won't  find out that I'm terrifyingly boring and that make-up is the only interesting thing about me. Heavens forbid!


Anyway, tell me what you think! To do something new is always more than a bit daunting, so I could use your opinions on this. Wat would you like to see here in the future?


7 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your makeup posts but it's always nice to see the personal side of a blogger! Some people do weekly "lifestyle" posts - little catchups, random ramblings, hobbies, things they've been into etc. But it's your blog so you should do whatever you want! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe baantje! Ik weet hoe het is om het druk te hebben en dat het daarin lastig is om je blog nog bij te houden. Ik zou het leuk vinden ook nog te lezen over andere dingen op je blog. Ik vind je manier van schrijven erg prettig namelijk!


    saltandsugarblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dankjewel! Leuk om te weten, ik heb al een paar ideetjes voor artikelen. Eens zien of ze bevallen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's a good idea! Maybe a weekly personal post or something. Thanks for the input. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ik mistte je al!! en yaaaay dat je een baantje heb =D <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. this. is. beautiful. lovely drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww haha <3 Dankjewel! :D

    ReplyDelete