Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Review: Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream




Being very pale, it has always been pretty much impossible for me to find a foundation in my skincolour and when I eventually did find one, I didn't like the way it looked on my skin. When I heard about Asian BB-creams and how they were supposed to be much more natural looking and also available in lighter shades I went for it and purchased it.

Since then I used my Skin79 BB cream for years, but when my last tube went out of date before I had finished it I thought it would be good to try something from another brand. I had heard that Missha was a good choice, the Perfect Cover BB-cream was supposed to be especially good. Luckily there was an offer as well, so in my shopping basket it went!


I purchased the Perfect Cover BB Cream from RoseRoseShop, a webshop that sells a lot of Korean cosmetics and paraphernalia for about six dollars. This is the 20 ml version, the 50 ml costs about 10 dollars and I wanted to try and see if I liked this one first.

This is what Missha's website says about their BB-cream:

"Blemish Balm, also called BB Cream, is known to have been formulated as an after-treatment cream to help patients who have gone through laser skin surgery to soothe and regenerate the skin.

The M Perfect Cover BB Cream gives an even and natural-looking coverage with the soothing, moisturising properties of a cream. It is suitable for all skin types including acne-prone skin, and can be used as a makeup base or foundation. "

They also say that it contains SPF 42, whitening properties and anti wrinkle properties as well, I have no idea if this is true because I'm a numpty when it comes to how ingredients work, but here are the ingredients if you're interested:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Arbutin, Triethanolamine, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Squalane, Caviar Extract, Adenosine, Algae Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide 3, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract.




The packaging is good enough for my standards, it's clean so I'm pleased with that. It's also sturdy enough where it won't break or tear if I accidentally drop it or something.






I wanted to see how good the coverage was of this BB cream, so I drew a few stripes on my wrist with different colours to see how it would hold up. I'm fairly pleased with the result, the marks are still visible but a lot less obvious.


Left is before, right is after

On my skin I noticed the same effect, spots and discolourations are still visible but the BB-cream does a good job of toning it down with just a modest amount of BB-cream. I'm sure that if I used more I could get rid of the discolourations entirely.

The Perfect Cover BB cream has a pleasant fragrance, very mild and the consistency is like a rich cream. It's rich enough where it's very suitable for dry skin, but I think you'll definitely want to powder it off if you have oily skin.

What I like most about this BB-cream is that you can't tell that I'm wearing any foundation! This is the most important thing a foundation or BB-cream has to do for me. It didn't get flaky, there wasn't a pancake effect and you couldn't actually see or feel that I had put anything on my skin. I really really like this, it's what always bothered me when I tried something else. I hate the feeling of something lying on your skin, and I don't like it when I can see that I'm wearing foundation.


What the BB cream looks like when all the make-up is done.



Overall I'm very pleased with the effect of the Perfect Cover BB cream, the coverage is good but the finish is natural. For as far as I can tell it doesn't have a strong smell to it, the consistency feels nice on the skin and it matches my light skincolour to a T. It was also fairly inexpensive and I really like the fact that you can't tell I'm wearing BB cream at all.

You can buy the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream at various stores online, you could always try Ebay or Amazon as long as you trust the seller. I purchased it on the RoseRoseShop for about $6.

7 comments:

  1. I may be in the minority but I actually don't like the way this BB smells... however I still like it overall. Speaking as another very pale person I agree, this is a great choice for natural-looking finish. It's also one of the few very pale BB creams I've tried that didn't have sort of a yellow undertone. Not a problem for everyone, but certainly for folks with cooler undertones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you maybe have other recommendations for pale ladies? I've noticed that my Max Factor in Ivory, which was my winter foundation last year, is just way too pink for me, it looks even orange compared to the paleness that is my neck! I like coverage because I often have hormones acting up and red areas throughout my face (nose, chin, cheeks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have a bad sense of smell anyway and a cold to boot, you could definitely be right about the smell! :p I could hardly smell anything, but I think that has more to do with my rubbish nose than with the cream.

    I like that it doesn't give a grey cast as well as not being too yellow! I feel like a lot of Asian BB-Creams are a bit too grey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes of course! You could try MAC because they have foundations in different colours and different undertones, Illamasqua sells a white foundation which is ideal because you can mix it with a foundation that you already have and has become a smidge too dark.

    Skin79 has a Hot Pink BB-Cream that has excellent coverage and isn't too yellow, it's also not too expensive so it's definitely worth a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lip color are you wearing in that last picture? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. de finish is echt heel natuurlijk, het ziet eruit alsof je niets op hebt =D ik vind hem wel mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Etude House's Soft Touch Auto lipliner in Soft Rose!

    ReplyDelete