Thursday, 29 May 2014

30 Days Of Make-Up Day 28: Light Through The Trees




Today's make-up look is inspired by cherised childhood memories of summers spent walking through the forest, with the sun casting small spots of shimmering sunlight through the canopy and me picking sweet summer fruit with my sister until our bellies ached and our hands and faces were stained for days.  


I tried to recapture the feeling of sunrays through the leaves by using a golden glitter over a green base, the result was surprisingly flattering!









The eye look was fairly simple to create, I used my beloved Illamasqua Sealing Gel to transform a matte green eyeshadow into an eyeliner and before it dried I carefully dusted some golden glitter over it in the middle part of my eyelid, where the light would catch it the most. The glitter contained flakes as well as small glitter pieces which gave it a foiled look. I also highlighted my inner corners and waterline with a highlighting pencil and sheerly applied a plummy purple under the lower lashline since I felt the look wasn't complete yet but I didn't want to overwhelm it with other intense colours. 













Product List


Eyes:


Sleek Vivid Mattes Brights Palette (lighter green)
Illamasqua Sealing Gel
Catrice golden glitter
Shiro Cosmetics Heart Attack
Catrice Highlighting Pencil (highlight)
Catrice Waterproof Mascara


Skin:

LOOK Perk Me Up Primer
Skinfood Concealer
Essence Stay Matt! powder
Sleek Rose Gold Blusher



Lips:

Catrice Lipstick (limited edition)


2 comments:

  1. Did you use any lipliner for this look? If so, which one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eye look is so beautiful! I picked up some ELF sealing gel (which hopefully isn't total crap) and now I want to try something like this. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete