Saturday, 7 June 2014

Review: MAC Candy Yum Yum lipstick



It is no secret to most of you that I am very fond of bold lip colours, I am always convinced that most people can pull most colours off as long as you know how to combine them. Candy Yum Yum is often described as a most daring lipstick, one of the most vibrant colours currently on the market and it probably doesn't come as a surprise to you that it had been on my wishlist for a very long time. 

I had seen a lot of swatches on a lot of different skintones of Candy Yum Yum and I noticed that although bold, it's definitely a colour that suits a lot of different skintones. 








In my opinion, MAC's lipsticks are usually very high quality so I had high expectations for this. The Matte and Amplified finishes seem to last especially long (although matte finishes can be very drying) and all formulas have a really lovely vanilla smell to them. Candy Yum Yum is has a matte formula, and I was afraid for a second that it would have the same issues I've had with some other matte lipsticks from MAC which can tug on the lips and can be very drying (Ruby Woo for instance, though beautiful, is a bit too dry for me). 

When swatched on the wrist the lipstick did tug a little bit, but fortunately I didn't have any issues on the lips. Candy Yum Yum felt creamy and didn't tug, fade or feather after I put it on. It's definitely not a hydrating lipstick, but it's not drying either and I have very dry lips that can't put up with any extra dryness whatsoever, so this is a good sign for others that have similar problems! 








MAC lipsticks are £15.- which makes them mid-end. Not super expensive but definitely not cheap either. I think that when you consider the amazing pigmentation, formula and wearing time of Candy Yum Yum that it's definitely worth the money. I can easily get six to eight hours of wearing time out of this lipstick with just having to re-apply the centre of my lips where I accidentally lick or eat the colour off during the day every few hours. That's very impressive!


Final Verdict




This is an easy one, I think Candy Yum Yum is amazing! The colour is super bright and fun and although it's matte it isn't too drying or otherwise uncomfortable to wear. I didn't notice it enhancing any dry patches either, although I did exfoliate and moisturize my lips well beforehand. The wearing time is impressive (5 to 6 hours) and as the lipstick wears off it leaves a bright pink stain that's very pretty too. If you're not sure this colour will suit you, just Google the lipstick and you'll see how wonderful it looks on almost every skintone on the planet, it's such a bright and flattering colour. 


So yeah, my advice? If you love the colour, get it! If you're not sure, try it on in the store first and walk around for a few hours, see if you like it and then get it. 




18 comments:

  1. Staat je echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staat je heel mooi! Ik ga denk ik de nieuwe Kelly Yum Yum ook halen, even zien hoe die is vergeleken met Embrace Me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, your hair is amazing! And that lipstick is perfect on you! You look absolutely stunning. I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dankje! Ooh ja Kelly Yum Yum is geen matte maar heeft een satin finish toch? Da's misschien wel een idee voor wanneer je matte te droog of niet zo mooi vind maar de kleur wel heel graag wilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dankjewel joh, ik ben er ook super blij mee! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je haar ziet er echt geweldig uit! De kleur lipstick staat je ook heel goed, zou hem bijna zelf gaan kopen en ik draag nooit felle lipstick haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dankjewel! Ik heb het een paar dagen geleden laten knippen nadat ik echt twee jaar hetzelfde kapsel heb gehad haha, ik vind het erg leuk om weer een pony te hebben! Haha je kunt altijd de kleur even in de winkel proberen, misschien vind je het wat. Drie jaar geleden dacht ik ook dat ik nooit felle lipstick zou dragen en nu zijn mijn lipkleuren zowat mijn favoriete onderdeel van mijn stash. :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, die lipstick is ├ęcht heel gaaf! Dit kapsel staat je echt fantastisch trouwens. Je bent serieus jaloersmakend mooi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowie echt heel mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mijn favo is matte! En ja, hij is idd satin, maar hij is toch iets warmer dan CYY. CYY heb ik al in een paletvorm, dus vind het een beetje zonde om hem dan ook in een tube te kopen. :( KYY is weer anders, maar heb het gevoel dat de kleur gelijk is aan die van Embrace Me. Even wachten op comparisons dus. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Candy Yum Yum always makes everyone's lips look so smooth and luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so amazing on you, I wouldn't have thought it looked so great with red hair. I definitely need to check that out now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That shade looks absolutely phenomenal with your hair colour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! The funny thing is that people always say that you 'can't' wear a lot of things with red hair but I've found that there's almost no colour you can't pull off. What looks good on you has more to do with your undertones than with your haircolour, trust me! :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. this overall makeup look is so cute yet sultry. Love that color on you and still hoping that I can get Kelly Yum Yum but if not Candy Yum Yum it is

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waauuuwwwwwwwww. Ik vind hem je zo moooi staan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dankjeweeeeel ik ben er echt verliefd op! Oooh Wies volgens mij zou zo'n kleur jou ook heel mooi staan hoor trouwens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh it can be so tricky to get a hold of LE lipsticks! Tell me what it's like if you do get it, the colour looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete